JACOB COOPER HINSON IS OUR SON

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I second guess myself a lot?????

this has been the most humbling yet amazing 5 weeks watching my cooper develop into a little boy.............I have been handling the 12 am and 3 am feedings (for the most part) as well as a few during the day, but the hot wifey and our unbelievable pit crew a.k.a auntie EM, Grammie Anne, Team Poocha and the Eagle Point cooking staff have made being a new parent so much easier....but let me tell you something....no matter how much support or how many books I read or preparation I thought I had made has really prepared me for being coop's dad........I know that I have no idea what I am doing.................because, what works one day, does not work another..............so I just keep plugging along............
but, unfortunately,,,,,..my little man has gotten a little cold and is congested right now.....the stuff they pulled from his nose today at the doctor was incredible........I feel so bad for him.......I now realize what it truly means to hurt so much, that you feel as if you could die....to see coop scream and know I can do nothing to help him......kills me.....it is by far the hardest thing I have ever delt with.........I know he will be fine with time.............. so, I take comfort in that....

cooper is part of me(the best part) and I am truly scared to death of not being a good enough.......but, regardless of this...........I am the sleep deprived, smelling like formula, dark circles under my eyes, needing a haircut and shower happiest daddy in the world..........so whatever the future holds.......my son will never have to worry about where his dad is...............because, all he will have to do is look behind him........
.......and I will be there.....no matter what..........

gotta run its coop time and he is ready to eat...........

coop's dad.........the happiest guy in the world...........thanks wifey and coop

(sorry for the jumble of thoughts.......but that is how i think now)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Good said...

I hear ya man, the 'I have no idea what I am doing' regardless of the tips and tricks and books and all of that I totally get what your saying here.

After having Brianna, my first, I realized just how many people fake it!

3:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home